Manitowoc County Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society, Inc.
Clipper City Chordsmen
The chapter is a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society, Inc. with 32,000 members in 810 chapters with over 2,000 registered quartets. It is affiliated with the Society’s Land O’ Lakes District which has 2,232 members in 60 chapters, and the Packerland Division with 700 members in 13 chapters.
The Chapter has approximately 40 members from all reaches of Manitowoc County.
March 1945. The founder of the chapter was O.H. “King” Cole, an executive with Kingsbury Brewery at the time. Milt Detjen was the first director.
A Touch of Harmony
• Annual participants in the Packerland Division Chorus and Quartet Competition each May.
• Annual Spring Show each spring since 1945
• Annual Christmas Show
• Annual Awards Banquet in January
• Annual Barbershop Harmony Society schools and training sessions
• Annual “Singing Valentines”
• Annual participants in the Memorial Day and Flag Day Services
• Annual performances each summer for Manitowoc’s Metro Stage, Two River’s “Music Under the Stars” and Mishicot’s “MAGIC” concerts at the Old School.
• Annual visitations/performances at area Nursing Homes and Holy Family Convent
• Perform with other choruses for special events
• Perform for Business, Fraternal, and Social Organizations upon request
Chapter donates time and money to deserving organizations and charities. Through Harmony Foundation, the Society’s charity, grants are awarded to support vocal musical education in schools and communities.
Board of Directors
Chapter Manager -Terrance Guay, 3207 Adams Street, Two Rivers, WI 54241
President - Ron Krupski, 138 Riverview Drive, Manitowoc, WI 54220
Immediate Past President Alan Boeldt, 2122 Granger Road, Manitowoc, WI, 54220
Secretary - Bob Brey, 1411 S. 31st St., Manitowoc, WI, 54220
Treasurer - Ken Dehne, 2604 16th Street, Two Rivers, WI, 54241
VP Music and Performance - Bruce Schlei, 1220 Franklin Drive, Cleveland, WI, 53015
VP Marketing/Public Relations - Bob Fricke, 1410 Gunnell Ln., Manitowoc, WI, 54220
VP Chapter Development - Roger Gottschalk - 1424 Kuhl St., Manitowoc, WI, 54220
VP Youth in Harmony Coordinator - Roger Gottschalk - 1424 Kuhl St., Manitowoc, WI, 54220
Music Director - David Buss- 3619 Pierce Ct., Two Rivers, WI, 54241
Asst. Music Director - Roger Gottschalk - 1424 Kuhl St., Manitowoc, WI, 54220
Asst. Music Director -Bruce Schlei, 1220 Franklin Drive, Cleveland, WI, 53015
Board Members at Large - Bruce Beyer, Lee Neubert, Tony Schreiter
For more information
Entertainment Requests: Email information or call 920-973-SING (7464)
Visitors: Contact either Roger Gottschalk or Alan Boeldt, or any smiling Barbershopper.