Clipper City Chordsmen -
The Manitowoc Chapter is the home of the world-famous International Champions Schmitt Brothers Quartet, and features an outstanding barbershop chorus and several talented and entertaining chapter quartets. Join us at our rehearsals or contact us if you are looking for group to entertain at your next function.
Learn more about the origins of barbershop-style music.
Performing Chorus Name
Clipper City Chordsmen
Manitowoc County Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society, Inc.
The Chordsmen are members of the Barbershop Harmony Society, Inc., with 30,000 members in 800 chapters with over 2,000 registered quartets. We are affiliated with the Society's Land O' Lakes District (LO'L) and part of the Packerland Division. Read more about LO'L events and information in the district's publication, The Pitch Piper.
The Clipper City Chordsmen Chorus is an ever-growing, well-respected brotherhood of men who love to perform a cappella music in the barbershop style, preserving the heritage of the barbershop quartet. The Chordsmen strive to improve the quality of life for our members and our community through music education programs and family-friendly musical entertainment.
The Chordsmen Chapter was established in March of 1945. The founder of the chapter was O.H. "King" Cole, a former Kingsbury Brewery Executive. Milt Detjen was the first director.
A Touch of Harmony
• Annual participants in the Packerland Division Chorus and Quartet Competition each May
• Annual Spring Show
• Annual Christmas Show
• Annual Cabaret Dinner and Show
• Annual Awards Banquet in January
• Annual Barbershop Harmony Society schools and training sessions
• Annual Singing Valentines
• Annual participants in the Memorial Day and Flag Day Services
• Annual Performances each summer for Felician Village, Two Rivers "Music Under the Stars" and Reedsville
• Annual visitations/performances at area Assisted Living/Nursing Homes and Holy Family Convent
• Perform with other choruses for special events
• Perform for Business, Fraternal, Social, and Community Organizations upon request
For more information
Entertainment Requests: call 920-973-SING (7464)
Visitors: Contact Don Hafeman by email or by phone (920-652-4123), or contact any smiling Barbershopper. Better yet, join us at the Generose Center on the campus of Silver Lake College any Tuesday evening from 7-9pm.
The Chapter donates time and money to deserving organizations and charities. Through Harmony Foundation, the Society's charity, grants are awarded to support vocal musical education in schools and communities. In addition, the Chordsmen support local music education with direct grants to area schools.
Board of Directors
President - David Rabe
Secretary - Jon Cisewski
Treasurer - Anthony Schreiter
VP Music/Performance - Tim Steffen
VP Marketing/Publicity - Don Lewellen
Members at Large - Derek Luckow, Dennis Luckow, Johnathon Purvis
Past President - Jim Rasmus
Music Director - David Buss
Director Emeritus- Roger Gottschalk
Chapter Manager - Jim Rasmus
House Chair - Ron Krupski
Uniform Chair - David Rabe
Librarian - Tim Steffen
Back To Top